GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE CALIFORNIA KALE SALAD WITH HERB DRESSING
Cali Kale is filled with vitamins A and C and easy to prepare ahead of time.
Hints of creamy garlic and crunch from pistachios are here.
All the salad components can be prepared ahead of time and are easy to find year-round.
Wash and dry the kale with your favorite salad spinner.
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale (, stems removed and chiffonade (about 3 cups))
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots ((about 2 medium carrots))
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (, dairy and egg free)
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 2 cloves garlic (, minced)
- Combine kale, cabbage and carrots in 3-quart mixing bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, parsley, vinegar, basil and garlic in processor and process until smooth, several minutes.
- Toss salad with dressing in same 3-quart bowl and massage into salad.
- Add pistachios using hands until incorporated.
Hampton Creek Just Mayo Original was used to develop this herb dressing.
Important Note to Website Visitors and Users: This website is an independent source of information and commentary. Recipes, reviews, reporting and other website content are not endorsed or guaranteed by the website owner or contributors, and the website and its content are not endorsed by or affiliated with the individuals or businesses that are mentioned in the website content. While effort has been made to report information accurately, some of the information may change over time, and users should satisfy themselves that it is still accurate. Individuals with food sensitivities and allergies are strongly cautioned to consult with their health-care providers about the appropriateness of the restaurants, recipes, ingredients and other information offered and to exercise their own independent care and judgment in making decisions about where and what to eat.