Brussel sprout salad is one of my favorite salads to make all year. The bacon, gorgonzola cheese, cashews, and apples can typically be found anywhere all year. While brussel sprouts are known to be a winter stock vegetable, I can usually find them all year in California, as well.
When I need a salad to entertain 4-8 people with ingredients that the grocery store always has on hand, this brussel sprout salad with gorgonzola dressing is the winner. And, I can get it on the table in 30 minutes.
Brussel sprout salad is
If you try this brussel sprout salad, let me know. You can leave a comment or take a quick photo and tag it #glutenfreeanytimeanywhere on Instagram.
Time to eat again. Lorally…
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (, julienne (about 2 ½ cups))
- 12 ounces Brussel Sprouts ((about 16), shredded (about 4 cups))
- 8 slices bacon (, diced (about 2 cups))
- 1 cup roasted and unsalted cashews (, finely chopped)
- 6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- ½ cup plain yogurt (, lactose-free)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (, dairy and egg free)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Freeze bacon for 10-15 minutes in the freezer, dice and cook bacon in cast iron pan as directed on package instructions. Transfer bacon using a slotted spoon to plate with paper towels, and allow bacon to cool. Alternatively, you can cook bacon on a rimmed baking sheet for 12-18 minutes at 325 degrees. Allow bacon to cool and finely chop.
- Pulse Brussel sprouts in the processor until finely shredded. Combine apples and brussel sprouts in the 6-quart mixing bowl.
- Rinse the processor and process nuts in the processor until finely chopped. Transfer to the 6-quart bowl.
- Combine gorgonzola, yogurt, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in processor and process until smooth. Toss salad with dressing in same 6-quart bowl.
- Sprinkle diced bacon on top of salad.
- Divide among bowls and serve immediately.
Ingredient Notes: Just Mayo Original was used to develop the dressing.
Kitchen Tools: cast iron skillet or rimmed baking sheet, food processor, 6-quart bowl
If you want to send me a direct message about brussel sprouts salad, scribble in your thoughts and hit SEND.
If you want to publish your comment, keep scrolling.
Important Note to Website Visitors and Users: This website is an independent source of information and commentary. Recipes, reviews, reporting, and other website content are not endorsed or guaranteed by the website owner or contributors. While effort has been made to report information accurately, some of the information may change over time, and users should satisfy themselves that it is still accurate. Individuals with food sensitivities and allergies are strongly cautioned to consult with their health-care providers about the appropriateness of the restaurants, recipes, ingredients and other information offered and to exercise their own independent care and judgment in making decisions about where and what to eat.